Wednesday 4 April 2018

Color Throwdown 487

Hi guys!

So today I have made a card specifically for the Color Throwdown challenge! It pushes you a bit more creatively I think when you are given a colour scheme to follow as normally I just do whatever! And more often than not the colour schemes are not what you would normally pick .. so I have decided that this is going to be my weekly challenge going forward!

This is the colour scheme for this challenge:


And this is the card I have created:


I have to say when I started off I was like 'What am I going to do?' but then I started to remember things I had in my stash like the perfect paper pad, the mint cardstock etc. And I was so thrilled at the end when I remembered I had mint sequins! Seriously it is quite sad how happy I was!

So I started off by cutting the paper from the Dear Lizzy Fine and Dandy paper pad from American Crafts with the largest of the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles dies and then I cut the next size down from the mint cardstock from my stash and some Ink Me! cardstock.

I then blended some Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Inks into the centre of the piece in an outward circular effect before spritzing with water and removing the excess with a paper towel.

I added the pattered paper background to the front of a top folding A2 size card base and adhered the mint rectangle at an angle. I then added the inked rectangle at the opposite angle with some foam tape.


I stamped the pig from the MFT Hog Heaven stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured him with my Copic markers before cutting him out with some scissors, leaving a white edge. I also added some highlights with a white gel pen. I die cut the Scripty Hugs from Lawn Fawn from some Ink Me and coloured it using the same three Copics I used to colour the heart to create an ombre effect. I then covered the sentiment with VersaMark ink and poured over some UTEE from Wow! and heat set with a heat gun. I repeated for a second layer to make it super glossy.

I adhered the pig behind the 'hugs' die cut and chopped off the bottom of the image so that it looks like he is peering out from behind the letters. I then added the whole thing to the card front with some glue. I stamped the sentiment, also from the MFT Hog Heaven set and added the sequins from Lucy's Cards to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

Crafty hugs,




6 comments:

  1. Brand-new follower of you! Love your "new" style, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! Your my first follower on my new blog :) I will pop over to yours x

      Delete
  2. This is adorable, Laura! Love the inked background and the sweet piglet peeking out from behind the sentiment. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete